The Sankofa Center for Data Evaluation and Quality Enhancement
日本一本道a不卡免费The practice of valuing diverse cultures must interrelate with the valuing and negotiating of one human family. There is a reality of the lived experiences by marginalized groups that intersects with the larger social realities of those who dominate. The Interdenominational Theological Center represents this critical social theoretical understanding in its mission, its composition and its institutional goals.
Looking Back in Order to See Forward
- Sankofa recognizes the significance of weighing that the utility of our past relies upon how we carefully and cautiously position our future (the egg) in balance with our present realities. We cannot use our past to imagine our future without engaging our present context.
- Sankofa at the ITC is to honor and do recognition of all life and existence, as the Spirit emanates through all being and life.
- Sankofa is not only an action but it is also the act of intentionally recognizing our truth; we are related to and connected with the source of our being. It is the recognition that it is impossible for us to be disconnected from the source of our being.
The Being in Sankofa is to be in radical examination of the ancestors, self and community. The purpose of Spirit-leading, radical examination is to look and be enlightened by the work of the Spirit through the ancestors, community and those yet to be born.
- The Rituals of Sankofa helps us to remember our history and see ourselves in the present. It helps us to engage the spaces in our lives wherein we have aligned ourselves with other sources that are not conducive to our life and living. The rituals of Sankofa remind us of our absolute relatedness with the Spirit.
- The Sankofa Practice instructs us that the Spirit is always at work and bringing us to our fullest connection with the Spirit. We, the institution of African-centered scholarship across disciplines, invoked Sankofa and therefore we invoked the life of the institution. We invoke the Spirit; therefore, we invoke…
- The extrication of everything that is counter to the Spirit and its presence within us;
- The extrication of everything that is counter to the life of this institution, which is the result of radical examination;
- The presence of the Spirit and recognize its embodiment in the people of this institution.
The Sakofa Center’s past and future stands on the ITC’s interrelated literacy and disciplines, including: theological, biblical, social, scholastic, digital and spiritual.